- How do we collect your personal data?
- What personal data do we collect?
- What do we use your personal data for?
- How long do we keep your information?
- Sharing your data
- Data protection
- Cancel email subscription
- Your rights
Thank you for choosing Flygbussarna!
We value your privacy and therefore wish to ensure that the personal data we collect about you is handled and stored in a safe manner in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, also referred to as GDPR.
This information text explains how we process your personal data in connection with your contact with Flygbussarna and your rights.
The data controller for Flygbussarna is the parent company Merresor AB, 556401-0055, Cityterminalen, Klarabergsviadukten 72, 111 64 Stockholm. Telephone: +46(0)8-479 32 73.
What does personal data mean?
Personal data means name, address, telephone number, email, personal identity number and other information that may in some way be linked to an individual.
2. How do we collect your personal data?
We collect data from you when you:
- Make a purchase on our website
- Log in to “Mina sidor” [My pages]
- Contact our customer service
- Register as a subscriber for our newsletter
- Participate in a competition
We also automatically receive and save information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, software and hardware information, and the pages you visit on our website.
3. What personal data do we collect?
The data that we collect may include:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- If you have a case at customer service, information about the case is saved.
When you choose to save your card details in connection with a purchase, the card details are encrypted and secure with our payment partner Adyen. Flygbussarna does not store any card details.
4. What do we use your personal data for?
The data we collect from you is used to:
- Issue your ticket via email
- Take payment for your journey and enable payment by Swish
- Process and revert to you regarding your case at customer service
- Give you more personalised service by providing, customising and improving your experience with Flygbussarna, for example by providing customised and tailored content, recommendations, features and advertising within or outside of Flygbussarna’s channels (such as emails and Facebook advertising)
- Understand how you use Flygbussarna’s services so that we can ensure technical functionality, develop new products and services, and analyse your use of the service, including your interaction with our website and app, adverts, emails and other services.
- Contact you via email or phone on testing of new services
- Run a competition, an offer or a survey
5. How long do we keep your information?
We keep your personal data as long as necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and if necessary in accordance with statutory storage time. Considering a balance of interests, we believe that there is a legitimate interest in using information about your trips and purchases in order to offer a more efficient shopping experience, generate statistics and develop, improve and ensure the security of our services.
In the event that you do not have an account with Flygbussarna or in the event that we do not have consent, we do not store personal data for more than 36 months. Data is deleted or anonymised after 36 months.
When you as a customer log into “Mina sidor” [My pages] we keep your data for as long as your account remains active. After the closure of an account, we store your information for 12 months before the data is anonymised.
- When a case at customer service concludes, your email address and phone number are stored for a maximum of 12 months.
- After the conclusion of a case at customer service, any bank details disappear immediately.
- After subscription to our newsletter is activated, the first name, last name and email are stored in the recipient list until you terminate your subscription (via a link at the bottom of the mailing). However, your data remains on the servers of our partner Emarsys.
- The link between our website and your saved credit card at Adyen remains until you choose to remove your saved card on the “Mina uppgifter” [My details] page while logged in to “Mina sidor” [My pages].
6. Sharing your data
Merresor AB is the sole owner of the data collected on the website, via email or via telephone. Your personally identifiable data will not be sold, transferred or shared with any other company for any purpose without your consent.
We do not sell, purchase, or otherwise transfer personally identifiable data to third parties. Exceptions apply for trusted parties who help us to run our website and our company, with the requirement that these parties agree to keep the data confidential.
We consider it to be necessary to share data in order to investigate, prevent or take action against illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations that pose a potential risk to a person’s physical safety, breach of our terms of service or other situations when the law so requires.
Other information (non-personal data) such as visitor statistics however, may be distributed to third parties for marketing, advertising or other purposes.
7. Data protection
We protect your personal data through a series of security measures. We use encryption methods to protect data transmitted online. Only those employees who are to perform a specific task (e.g. billing or customer service) have access to personally identifiable data. The computers/servers used to store personally identifiable data are located in a secure environment.
Your password protects your user account on “Mina sidor” [My pages], so we recommend that you use a unique and strong password, restrict access to your computer and browser and log out once you have used the service.
- Cookies improve the user experience on our website by, for example, identifying returning visitors and certain relevant information. Our use of these cookies is not linked to personally identifiable data. You can choose to disable cookies in your browser and/or delete stored cookies in your browser. Please note that blocking cookies can affect the functionality of the website.
9. Cancel email subscription
We use your email address primarily for sending out your e-ticket. In connection with your ticket purchase, you may accept newsletters from us with other information. If you wish to cancel your subscription to our newsletter, you will find a link at the bottom of the mailing where you can unsubscribe.
10. Your rights
You are entitled to request your personal data and the information we have saved about you at any time. For example, the data may have been saved in connection with a ticket purchase, customer service contact or newsletter subscription. You are also entitled to request the correction of incorrect information about you, as well to request that we remove your personal information from our records.
Would you like to request a records extract?
Please send a written request by post and mark the envelope with “Records extract” or “Request to be forgotten”, along with a copy of your ID card and your signature, to the address below. Include your name, mobile phone number and email address so that we can find you in our records. Also tell us how you want us to send the information to you, e.g. via email, letter or telephone. As soon as we have dealt with your case, we will of course erase all your personal data.
111 64 Stockholm
Tel: 08-629 50 00
We may sometimes make changes to this policy. The latest version is always published here. If we make significant changes to how we handle your personal data, we will notify you via flygbussarna.se, the Flygbussarna App, or via email.
Last updated 11/06/2019